Thursday 15 June 2017

My Writing Sample Term 2


The Strange Machine

My uncle was an explorer who had spent his time travelling the world searching for treasure until he mysteriously disappeared in 2015. Last year he sent me a strange book. Yesterday the postman delivered another box addressed to me from my uncle. In this box was a strange machine. It was a small machine. On one side there was a dial and a handle and on the other side there was a small door. The door was not very big, it was about the size of a book but I knew that this door would be the secret to finding my.

I took the box up to my room and carefully examined the contents. I shook it, I spun it around, I turned the dial and slowly lowered the handle. “ creeeaaakk” the handle squeaked like a mouse in a trap, I was afraid someone would hear it in the peaceful night, but I didn’t have to worry because the house still remained silent.

I looked at my alarm clock and realised I had overslept. Shuddering from the cold I struggled to heave myself out of bed, suddenly I remembered my dream I had during the night. “That’s it” I said. “The book!” I raced downstairs and grabbed my prized possession, a book of clues was the title. Back in my room my heart was pounding as I turned the dial and pushed down the handle simultaneously. I slotted the book into place. “Whooooooshh” colours blurred around me, I felt dizzy, bright red and blue lights flashed in my eyes but everything was silent. Suddenly everything went black. I sat up and realised I was in a pool of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment